PakShak Auto Detailing Forum
Shop PakShak!

Welcome to PakShak Auto Detailing Forums.

Membership to PakShak.org is free and comes with some great benefits! Members receive special discounts to our store www.PakShak.com. Enter drawings and contests to win great prizes or PakShak dollars through our members-only contests and giveaways. Don't miss out - Sign up today!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, respond to polls, upload pictures of your vehicles and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process, your account login or feel that you are viewing this message in error, please contact us.

Go Back   PakShak Auto Detailing Forum > Detailing > Detailing Discussion
Home Forum Today's Posts Shoutbox Gallery Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar Members List

Old 04-13-2012

Default Best nano sealant?

So Pakshak sells many varieties of nano sealants, which one has the best longevity? And which one has the deepest gloss?
Old 04-13-2012
Master Guru

The consensus on the forums goes to Opti-Coat. I still like GTechniq C1 which is still the top coating in the UK. They all pretty much give a hard candy shine. Topping a coating with a nuba will give it a deeper glow, but it also takes away the sheeting action which keeps your paint cleaner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoususer View Post
So Pakshak sells many varieties of nano sealants, which one has the best longevity? And which one has the deepest gloss?
Old 04-13-2012

Based upon reading not from experience, the only exception would be that you can't top OG/OC with a Nuba as apparently it will not bond to it.
Old 04-14-2012

Give a quick look at Wolf's Chemicals sealant.
Old 04-14-2012

I wouldn't exactly call C1 a nano sealant but rather a coating. Unlike other nano products where the "nano" sized molecules fall into the pores of your paint, C1 molecularly bonds with your paint creating a super tight and tough functional surface that has one of the best gloss retentions in the industry. The water beading of C1 will fade over time due to the expansion and contraction of the surface causing micro-fractures, but the gloss will remain for 2 years+. That being said, water beading/sheeting isn't the tell tell sign of distress for C1 as is Nano sealants and waxes.

Nano sealants naturally last longer than waxes because of their molecule size being hard to displace in the paint pores but from my experiences, you'll only see on average 6 months from nano sealant.

C2 and Permanon, are nano products that I use extensively with Permanon being my favorite. (anyone who's seen my other post know this by now ). It is thee easiest product to apply and can be applied to everything with great shine and top durability for the amount of effort.

I would say if you're looking for more of a deep gloss look, you should stick with nubas or go with a coating system like C1 or Cquatrz/aquatrz. Otherwise, any nano sealant will give you awesome shine pop. I haven't used or seen an opticoat application so I can't comment on that

Last edited by shredsobad; 04-14-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-15-2012

I have only used Permanon but it is awesome.
Old 04-29-2012

Any thoughts of about Cquartz with a ReLoad topping?

Seeing Pakshak add a lot of CarPro stuff this year, and was wondering if these two items have the potential to get here.
Old 04-30-2012
Master Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnaks View Post
Any thoughts of about Cquartz with a ReLoad topping?

Seeing Pakshak add a lot of CarPro stuff this year, and was wondering if these two items have the potential to get here.
Aloha jnaks...

We actually reviewed the CarPro Cquartz and ReLoad. While we do stock some of the CarPro products, our impressions of Cquartz were okay. The other nano coatings/sealants seems to be less tempermental so from a customer point of view we had to decide on easibility and the CarPro Cquartz did not fair to well in this area in our testing. It may have been user error but we will probably won't be stocking the CarPro Cquartz and ReLoad.

For those of you who have tried CarPro Cquartz and ReLoad, if you could please chime in.

Thank you & Aloha,
Ranney

Ranney Pak
PakShak Car Care & Detailing Supplies
Hawaii's Car Care Central
E-mail: ranney@pakshak.com
Tel: 808-783-6006
Member's receive 10% off on all our PakShak products using "pakshak10" as a promo code at checkout. With the exception of polishers, Zaino, and GTechniq products.
www.PakShak.com

Last edited by Ranney; 04-30-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 04-30-2012

Ahh, I see, gotcha. Thanks for getting back to me.
Old 05-01-2012

Applied Opti-Coat 2.0 to my Tacoma a couple of weeks ago and continue to be very happy with the results. Huge surface tension on the water beads, very hydrophobic, truck stays clean even when driving through moderate rain/wet roads. If it proves as durable as advertised in 6 months, I'm putting it on my other 2 cars as well. Hard candy shell appearance.