PakShak Auto Detailing Forum
Shop PakShak!

Welcome to PakShak Auto Detailing Forums.

Membership to PakShak.org is free and comes with some great benefits! Members receive special discounts to our store www.PakShak.com. Enter drawings and contests to win great prizes or PakShak dollars through our members-only contests and giveaways. Don't miss out - Sign up today!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, respond to polls, upload pictures of your vehicles and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process, your account login or feel that you are viewing this message in error, please contact us.

Go Back   PakShak Auto Detailing Forum > Other > General Discussion
Home Forum Today's Posts Shoutbox Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar Members List

Old 01-20-2015
Master Guru

Default It's Been A Long Time . . .

I would like to take some time out to wish everyone a Happy New year even though it is a bit late . . . . better late then never as they say lol. Sorry i've been MIA for a while as most of you know i use to live on this forum in my spare time helping answer questions, providing info and just shooting the breeze. Unfortunately a lot has been going on the past few months which has kept me from spending time here. I hope things for everyone have been great, Ranney hope the shop has been doing awesome and Ron hope you and everyone are doing swell. I'll try to keep this short . . . . .

So last year around August 2014 my girlfriend had a Stroke while we were at a meeting at Starbucks. Lucky for her that she was able to hold her composure and identify what was going on. After numerous testing from MRI's to Angios to CT scans etc it was finally found that she was diagnosed with what is called Moya-Moya. It's something that isn't very well known as it's only been discovered maybe 10 years back. What it basically is is that There was a blockage in her brain (artery) in which the vessels try to go around to restore normal blood flow. She had been having headaches for a few years however nothing was ever picked up by any of her normal doctors as we later found out those headaches were from her lack of blood flow to the brain. We had to deal with Maui's poor health care providers who then referred us to Oahu. We flied back and fourth a couple times for testing and such and that doctor was giving us the run around and taking his time. I finally got fed up and continued my research to find this amazing Doctor at Stanford Hospital in California. I said the hell with it what do i have to lose so i went around everyone including my girlfriend and her insurance and made contact and we pushed over and over until he said we need to get her here asap, he set a date in which she had to undergo another series of testing. It was really hard to watch all this stuff happen to someone who has been so good to everyone. We left just before Halloween and arrived back to Maui just before thanksgiving. It was one of the hardest times of my life to go through something like that with someone that I care about so much. During the process of this all it saddens me that we've been together for almost 8 years now and she has forgotten us. We've been living a real life version of 50 First Dates as she gets to know me all over again. I'm just glad that she is ok. We've been slowly working at things, going over photos and events that have happened in the past and things like that in which she can remember some of them however doesn't recall me being there. She has forgotten some of her family as well. About 2 weeks ago she had had another stroke. Not exactly the way we wanted to ring in 2015 however we've been strong this entire time and will continue to do what we need to do. I won't lie and say that it has been easy because it hasn't but sometimes we just have to do things in which weren't planned for nor do we necessarily want to deal with but that is a part of life.

The Story

The link tht i posted up is solely for you folks to read a better version of the story. We don't expect people to donate, we just ask that you keep us in your prayers as we continue to battle through all these hurdles. Hope to see you all soon, and i hope to once again be active on the forums as times rolls on.

Thank You All
Old 01-20-2015
Master Guru

I'm sorry to hear that Brittney is going through such a health issue. Please give her my best and I know she will get better soon. BTW your gofundme page is not working.

Last edited by Rsurfer; 01-20-2015 at 07:55 PM.
Old 01-21-2015

Prayers of strength to you my friend and to your girlfriend. Take care
Guy