PakShak Auto Detailing Forum
Shop PakShak!

Welcome to PakShak Auto Detailing Forums.

Membership to PakShak.org is free and comes with some great benefits! Members receive special discounts to our store www.PakShak.com. Enter drawings and contests to win great prizes or PakShak dollars through our members-only contests and giveaways. Don't miss out - Sign up today!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, respond to polls, upload pictures of your vehicles and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process, your account login or feel that you are viewing this message in error, please contact us.

Go Back   PakShak Auto Detailing Forum > Detailing > Detailing Product Discussion - Misc
Home Forum Today's Posts Shoutbox Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar Members List

Old 06-17-2014

Default Rupes BigFoot LHR 15ES : Which pads work best?

Just wondering which pads you all would recommend for a Rupes BigFoot LHR 15ES. I've read on some forums that you need an open cell pad or using the Rupes pad system. Something about certain ones bogging down the motor. Even seen people recommending a rubber washer to put more force down.

So what pads work best for the Rupes? And I mean brand names that I can look up and purchase (ones at PakShak sure would be convenient too, but also want just a recommended combos). Between Lake Country and the 'Smart Pads' etc, I'm a bit up in the air and looking for advise.

Anyone with a good working knowledge of Rupes Bigfoot, please chime in.
Old 06-17-2014

Aloha jnaks, I did the Kevin Brown washer mod on my Rupes 15 and I use a 5inch b/p with lake country 51/2 inch hydro tech pads works good for me.
Old 06-17-2014

I don't own a rupes Bigfoot, but polish and paint hardness also plays a role in slowing down any DA (except the flex IMO)..soft paint like the subarus tend to be sticky and will slow down a DA if the pad and polish is pretty aggressive..

Just play with different combos(pad/pad type/polish) and choose the right combos that works
Old 06-18-2014

Forgot to mention keeping pads clean also helps by brushing pad after polishing each panel
Old 06-18-2014

Good point @eagle
Old 06-24-2014
Master Guru

I agree with the before mentioned. It all depends on the paint system your working on and what degree of correction your goal is. I've used the H2o pads most of the time with great success but teamed up with Gtechniq P1 so workability is like butter. In some cases the MF cutting pads work well but I find myself using more pads for a single job but it does fish up great. For heavies cutting jobs Ill use the LC wool foam pad and Megs 105 and there is some noticeable bogging with that combo when pressure is applied but you shouldn't be putting much pressure anyway for these machines. When I was at SEMA Rupes had they're own both and greatly stressed this point. Just put enough pressure to control the machine if any. (They we're using the Rupes pad system which I have coming in soon) Most people use to the rotary and the Flexes had a hard time doing that and getting use to it. When you get the right combo for the paint system your working with you'll be finding that you be moving along the same speed, if not quicker from panel to panel with less muscle. Once I got use to that I had so much energy left over in the day after a correction job.

2012 Dupont Registry Elite Detailers Alliance Member
2010 & 2012 Star Advertiser Hawaii's Best
2011 U.S. Commerce Association Best of Aiea
2008 & 2009 Honolulu Advertiser Best of the Best
Old 06-24-2014

Thanks Shea and all the rest for your input. Guess I'll just have to do some tests to figure out the best combo for me.

My arsenal currently has LC Hydro tech and Smart pads and Menzernza FG400, Gtechniq P1, Sonax Perfect Finish. We'll see how this all plays out. Maybe I'll take care of my bro's car for a test.