PakShak Auto Detailing Forum
Shop PakShak!

Welcome to PakShak Auto Detailing Forums.

Membership to PakShak.org is free and comes with some great benefits! Members receive special discounts to our store www.PakShak.com. Enter drawings and contests to win great prizes or PakShak dollars through our members-only contests and giveaways. Don't miss out - Sign up today!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, respond to polls, upload pictures of your vehicles and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process, your account login or feel that you are viewing this message in error, please contact us.

Go Back   PakShak Auto Detailing Forum > Other > General Discussion
Home Forum Today's Posts Shoutbox Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar Members List

Old 11-13-2011

I agree with all these here but I have one more. I hate finding leaves/rubbish in the cowl area.
Old 11-14-2011

As a few already said, mine is also finishing up detailing and then the yard crew for the next door house comes with their mowers and leaf blowers to get dust, grass and leaves all over the car. Or even just gusty tradewinds start to pick up and blow dust all over the place. Or it was a sunny day when you started, then all of a sudden it starts to rain when you're done.
Old 11-14-2011
Master Guru

Aloha all...

How about completing your final wipe down then step inside the house for 15 minutes to grab something to drink. Head back outside and already see dust that settled on top of the hood and this is in the garage. How about a bug crawling on top the finish. That's the story of my life...it never ends.

Thank you & Aloha,
Ranney

Ranney Pak
PakShak Car Care & Detailing Supplies
Hawaii's Car Care Central
E-mail: ranney@pakshak.com
Tel: 808-783-6006
www.PakShak.com
Old 11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
Do you need to roll down the windows? Am I missing something?
if you have those rainvisors you need to. otherwise u get 2 inch strips of waterspots when you roll down your windows -_-
Old 11-15-2011
Master Guru

When I see a another auto detailing company asses a potential customers car and the first thing they do is rub their bare hand on a dirty black car and say "Oh yah, You need to get this car polished."

2012 Dupont Registry Elite Detailers Alliance Member
2010 & 2012 Star Advertiser Hawaii's Best
2011 U.S. Commerce Association Best of Aiea
2008 & 2009 Honolulu Advertiser Best of the Best
Old 03-18-2012

I haven't done this one too often, maybe once or twice, but when you're using a step 2 polish and accidentally start squirting the step 1 polish onto the foam pad because the liquid is the same color and in the same type of dispenser. The only thing that saved me was the viscosity of the fluid! I always have to remind myself to pay attention, after all it is "detailing".
Old 03-19-2012

Ranney, I like #4. Kinda reminds me of me in my not-quite-so-savvy days. About 8 years ago my windshield was fogging up big time on the inside, but instead of turning on defroster like I should have, I pulled over and wiped it using paper towels. Spider web scratches all over the inside of my windshield! I'll NEVER do that again!
Old 04-02-2012

Here's mine....
  1. Not centered while driving into the car wash.
  2. Forgetting to turn off the auto windshield wiper before entering car wash.
  3. Windows not fully rolled up as the first spray begins.

Ok, I'm sure some of you were getting irritated with that...sorry just couldn't resist.

When I used to be anal....
  1. Having to turn my front wheels to wash the fender liner and control arms
  2. Noticing I forgot to wash inside of my gas filler covered area
  3. Forgetting to wash inside of the door jam...first thing you notice when opening the door
  4. Taking the car out for a nice drive only to have the idiot in front of you turn on their windshield washer and the damn thing shoots over their roof and onto my car!!!!!!
  5. Finger prints on my windows...windows they are a thorn in my side...just hate dirty window!!!

However, now that I'm older and have less patients...I just drive the car, but since I've discovered PakShak I'm afraid the Analism is starting to show it's shiny head again!!
Old 05-05-2012

I don't know if its just me but one thing that drives me crazy are the caps on the swissvax containers. No matter what, I can never get them to go back on the right way. In fact, the one I have now, I can't get the cap on at all. Its almost like the grooves on the cap and the container never line up.
Old 05-05-2012

I just ditch the small black cap that covers the wax inside, especially if your wax is an older batch like mines are. When the solvents start to escape out of the wax it warps the plastic containers and therefore once you open it the container will have a hard time going back on. This leads to many a cracked lids.
Old 05-06-2012
Master Guru

The container cost as much as the wax, you would think they would get it right.
Old 05-25-2012

ive got only one for now. the others were already listed earlier.
i hate having to get up sooooper early in the morning trying to beat the
sun so the paint is still cool when i apply the sealant! take my time all day, only to rush to get to the final sealant stage, nervously eyeing the shade quickly disappearing. lol.
Old 05-25-2012

This is my number one pet peeve.

Driving after a fresh detail or just driving in general and the idiot in front decides to use his windshield washers and the damn thing doesn't even hit his windshield the water flies right onto my car
Old 07-09-2012

As an automotive technician I appreciate a cleaner vehicle. It makes work easier, faster, and safer....

.... until the owner sprays a gallon of rubber dressing all over the engine compartment. I never knew that radiator hoses could create so much glare It gets so bad sometimes that I notice droplets of dressing on the ground after it leaves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranney View Post
...1. I hate it when I forget to put the wiper blade switch back to off after I accidentally turned it to on position while cleaning the dash. Then I start the car and swoosh, I have streak marks on the windshield. ...
That gets me every time!! Some of the volume knobs on older cars will get me too! It's quite the startle when you turn the key on and AM 590 comes in at full blast.

Last edited by Makoto; 07-09-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-12-2012

All of the aforementioned criteria....I like the dressing application part...

A bit of advice from an old detailer.

It's important to not get too hung up on the products but to pay attention to process and technique.

A good detailer with excellent products will get excellent looking results.
A good detailer with average products will get excellent looking results.
A poor detailer with average products will get poor looking results.
A poor detailer with excellent products will get poor looking results.

I good detailer can get stunning looking results with almost any product on almost any car. The key is in the preparation and attention to detail. Good tools will help here but in a good detailer's hands you'd be hard pressed to accurately say what polish or wax was used on a detail.

To become a good detailer you need to detail cars. There is no substitute for experience and technique and these only come through time. A good buffer shortens the prep time a lot but the process is what works.